The Dalai Lama fourteenth, his holiness is one of the most inspirational world leaders of the last century. The beloved leader has been relentlessly promoting positive values life peace, forgiveness, compassion and love while seeking justice and independence for his homeland, Tibet. He has been travelling since the 1950s and has been spreading his spiritual knowledge across different cultures and countries. We as travellers can learn so much from the Dalai Lama quotes on life. In the present scenario of mistrust, hatred and intolerance, Dalai Lama quotes on kindness and compassion can be a guiding light to all of us.
The first time we were intrigued by His Holiness Dalai Lama 14th when we had visited Ravangla way back in 2013. He was there to inaugurate the giant Buddha Statue at Buddha Park in Ravangla. It was there we saw how he was revered by the people. Much later I read the book Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer, and I was totally fascinated by his life. That led me to read Freedom in Exile, the autobiography of Dalai Lama. And we were totally touched by His life and teachings. Dalai Lama sayings can help us become more responsible travellers while the Dalai Lama quotes on travel can inspire us to see new places and embrace diversity in a positive way. Here are a few inspirational quotes by Dalai Lama that inspires us. We hope that they will inspire you too.
25 Most Inspirational Dalai Lama Quotes on Travel, Life and Kindness
1. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai Lama
This beautiful Dalai Lama Travel Quote has become our matra as well. Every year, we seek to visit places that we have never visited before and try to learn about the people, their culture and traditions. Believe me, this is such a beautiful experience.
2. Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. – Dalai Lama
This is perhaps one of my favourites, though I would say it is very hard for me to choose one. But truly, if you want to break rules, you need to know a lot about them!
3. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality. – Dalai Lama
4. As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings. – Dalai Lama
5. Sleep is the best meditation. – Dalai Lama
6. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it. – Dalai Lama
7. Happiness is not something readymade it comes from your own actions. – Dalai Lama
8. Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay. – Dalai Lama
9. Let us try to recognize the precious nature of each day. – Dalai Lama
10. The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self. – Dalai Lama
11. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, and if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. – Dalai Lama
12. People take different roads seeking fulfilment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost. – Dalai Lama
Another favourite of ours. People can have different choice, values, religion. Just because someone does not believe in what I believe, it does not mean he is wrong. He is just different from me.
13. The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred. – Dalai Lama
14. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito. – Dalai Lama
15. I find hope in the darkest days, and focus in the brightest. – Dalai Lama
16. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. – Dalai Lama
17. Silence is sometimes the best answer. – Dalai Lama
18. Through violence, you may ‘solve’ one problem, but you sow the seeds for another.
19. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness – Dalai Lama
I so wish that everyone understood these simple words. The world would be a far more better place.
20. Love is the absence of judgment. – Dalai Lama
21. When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. – Dalai Lama
22. Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. – Dalai Lama
23. Someone else’s action should not determine your response. – Dalai Lama
24. The more you are motivated by love, The more fearless & free your action will be. – Dalai Lama
25. An open heart is an open mind. – Dalai Lama
His Holiness, the Dalai Lama fourteenth keeps on inspiring us to be a better traveller and a better person. He is such a spiritual leader who is spreading the importance of happiness and world peace each and every day. His life is a great example of compassion and love. Born as Lhamo Thondup in a peasant family in Tibet, he has led an extraordinary life as the political leader of Tibet. He might be the last Dalai Lama, the last spiritual leader of Tibet, but I am sure his message of love, peace and compassion will always remain to guide his people and the rest of the world.
Pin this for a later read!
Do you love travel quotes? Here are a few inspiring quotes on travel.
- Best Travel Quotes – 125 Inspirational Quotes & Instagram Captions.
- Best Wanderlust Quotes that will inspire you to be the nomad you always wanted.
- 111 Inspiring Mountain Quotes and Hiking Sayings for the adventurer in you.
- Quotes on Banaras or Varanasi that captures the essence of the city.
- Quotes on Nepal & Everest that captures its spirit, mysticism and charm.
If you have liked these quotes, please share it with your friends and relatives at your favourite social networks.